It’s easy to get involved at Riverview Place. We offer a wide choice of activities, including:
- Arts & crafts
- Round table discussion groups
- Men's group
- Day trips
- Birthday parties
- Movies & popcorn
- Water exercise classes
Many events are open to the public and involve Riverview in the larger community. We invite you to join us for exhibits, books & movie reviews, and guest speakers on current topics.
Regular exercise is important at any age. It can make a positive difference in your life by helping you develop strength, build endurance, and improve flexibility & balance. Classes at Riverview include:
- Sit and Be Fit - This seated class starts with warm-up exercises and continues with activities to strengthen every area of the body using various tools and techniques, including therapy resistance bands and stress balls.
- Yoga - Participants benefit from increased strength, improved balance, and lower blood pressure.
- Aquatic classes - Offered several times a week, aquatic exercise provides the benefit of aerobic activity with less stress on joints.
- Guided exercise classes - Our exercise instructors will gladly show you how to safely and comfortably use our exercise equipment to gain maximum health benefits.
Every month we distribute a complete activity calendar to each residents apartment and we follow up with weekly updates on Mondays. Residents can also call our weekly update hotline daily to hear details about what is going on.