At St. Leonard, we are committed to ensuring our workplace is a warm setting where your skills and career can be nurtured and developed. We desire to create an environment for our staff to be fulfilled and satisfied.
St. Leonard is the third largest employer in the city of Centerville and was named one of the Healthiest Employers by the Dayton Business Journal. We have an opportunity for a Groundskeeper to join our team of dedicated employees.
Essential Job Specific Duties/Responsibilities
- Groundskeepers will operate all equipment necessary to mow, trim, prune, plant and spray grass, trees and shrubbery.
- Groundskeepers will maintain all roads, walks and outdoor lighting in a safe working condition, free of hazards.
- Groundskeepers will perform routine maintenance and repairs on all equipment and vehicles, along with appropriate documentation.
- Groundskeepers will perform a variety of tasks assigned by work orders that relate to the grounds and landscape.
- Groundskeepers will take part in a variety of inside maintenance tasks and projects.
In addition to the essential job specific duties listed above, the Groundskeepers shall be required to perform all duties (essential and non-essential) in a manner consistent with the mission statement and core values (reverence, service and stewardship) of St. Leonard and will be evaluated on such basis. Furthermore, every employee must abide by all campus, departmental and safety policies, rules and regulations.
St. Leonard has the right to change the job specific duties and specifications required for the position of Groundskeepers from time to time without prior notice.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Previous Lawn Care experience preferred.
Attendance: Regular attendance is an essential part of this job.