The Nurse Supervisor is accountable for the delivery of safe and therapeutic resident care from admission through discharge in collaboration with the physician, family and other members of the multi-disciplinary health care team. Delivery of quality nursing care is assured through utilization of the nursing process. The goal of resident care shall be toward restoring and maintaining each resident’s capabilities at their maximum mental and physical level. The Nurse Supervisor serves as a positive clinical role model for staff as well as a resource person.
1. Cooperates to ensure an organized system and operation nursing services.
2. Manages nursing care and nursing services.
3. Coordinates nursing service with the Department of Nursing Service and other departments.
4. Coordinates admission and ongoing assessments of each resident.
5. Coordinates resident care plan, interdisciplinary care plan, and acute medical/nursing care plan in the process of planning, implementation and evaluation of resident care.
6. Attends resident care conferences for residents.
7. Assists with or institutes remedial measures in adverse developments.
8. Administers medication, treatments, and documents as needed.
9. Accompanies the physician on rounds.
10. Contacts physicians to advise them of changes in resident condition.
11. Participates in committee meetings.
12. Responsible for maintaining own professional competence through continuing education.
13. Participates in evaluating and disciplining nursing service personnel.
14. Reviews medical records for completeness and accuracy.
15. Makes daily resident visits and assigned area(s).
16. Keeps Director of Nursing and Assistant Director of Nursing informed.
17. Ensures adequate staffing on current and upcoming shifts.
18. Makes rounds on all units.
19. Passes meds, completes treatments, and documents as needed.
20. Satisfies all educational in-service requirements mandated by CHI Living Communities, the department, external accrediting, and regulatory agencies.
a. Attends all mandatory in-service programs.
b. Adheres to facility policies and procedures.
c. Completes yearly online education program by deadline.
d. Attends employee meetings on a regular basis.
In addition to the essential job specific duties listed above, the LPN AL Nurse Manager shall be required to perform all duties (essential and non-essential) in a manner consistent with the mission and values (compassion, excellence, inclusion, integrity, collaboration) of CHI Living Communities and will be evaluated on such basis. Furthermore, every employee must abide by all campus, departmental, and safety policies, rules, and regulations.
CHI Living Communities has the right to change the job specific duties and specifications required for the position of LPN AL Nurse Manager from time to time without prior notice.