Madonna Manor has an exciting new opportunity for an Activities Assistant.
The Activities Assistant provides individual and group activities appropriate to the needs and interests of each resident to promote well-being and quality of life. The Activities Assistant may care for the following age specific population: adults and older adults.
Essential Job Specific Duties/Responsibilities
- Assists in planning, scheduling, and implementing an on-going program of activities designed to meeting, in accordance with the comprehensive assessment, the interests and physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being of each resident, including both individual and group activities.
- Completes the Resident Activity Assessment in accordance with facility, federal, and state guidelines and documents the activity interests and needs of each resident.
- Assists and implements activities for days, evenings, weekends, and holiday. Assists in organizing and scheduling community events related to resident needs and interest.
- Visits room-bound residents one-on-one on a daily basis, or as needed.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge and complying with policies and procedures of infection control, OSHA, safety, and federal and state laws and regulations. Interacts effectively within multi-disciplinary teams.