Namasté Alzheimer Center is designed, staffed and operated specifically for people with Alzheimer's. Our caring and compassionate staff is trained in the unique needs of residents, and offers four separate areas to accommodate the various stages of the disease.
Peace of Spirit, Peace of Mind
When a loved one is diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, it can radically change traditional caregiver roles within a family. Children or spouses may find themselves in the difficult position of providing comprehensive, day-to-day care for someone who has always cared for them. Their love and loyalty has not changed, yet the needs of a person with Alzheimer’s can go beyond what a family member can realistically provide.
Schedules and timetables are set by the residents themselves. They awaken when they're ready. They eat when they're hungry. There is laughter. There is singing. Residents' individual passions are indulged and encouraged.
Staffing Is a Priority
Because people with Alzheimer’s have special needs, staffing is a priority at Namasté. We hire compassionate, experienced professionals who truly care about the needs of each resident and guest. Each staff member undergoes extensive training in the care of residents with Alzheimer’s. Additionally, a group of dedicated, trained volunteers provides daily companionship for residents.
Semi-private room includes:
- Spacious, furnished, semi-private room with private lavatory
- 24-hour nursing care
- Non-prescription medications and supplies (Namasté stock medications only), including Depends and Attends
- Three meals per day, plus frequent, nutritious snacks
- Activity programs designed and provided for residents at all functional levels
- Laundry service
- Resident Family Representative available
- Spiritual support for residents and families, pastoral care and interfaith worship services
- Dietary consultation
- Local telephone calls
- Transportation on group outings
- Transportation to doctor appointments (with prior arrangements and if family is unable to transport resident)
- Daily housekeeping
Services and items available at additional cost:
- Beauty/barber shop services
- Physician visits per government regulations
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy when ordered by a physician
- Prescription medication
- Physician-ordered medical and/or surgical supplies
- Optometry services
- Dental and podiatry services