Director of Nursing
5300 12th Street South
Fargo, ND 58104
Job Type: Full Time
Riverview Place is much more than a retirement community; it’s a way of life. You’ll love the friendly, warm and active lifestyle our community offers. We’re committed to meeting the physical, social, and emotional needs of our residents through an integrated program of services involving the individual, family members, health care professionals, and our spiritual service team.
We are looking for a Director of Nursing to join our team. The Director of Nursing is responsible for directing and managing the overall operations of the Nursing Department and clinical outcomes; providing programmatic and health services with the goal of offering and/or enhancing the residents’ integrity, growth, and control of overall quality for their life.
- Operates the Nursing Department.
- Maintains licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of employment.
- Initiates and attends resident care conferences, Performance Improvement meetings, department meetings, and other meetings as requested.
- Completes performance appraisals prior to due date for all direct reports.
- Continually and effectively recruits and retains a competent, stable staff of motivated employees to maintain successful operation of assigned areas.
- Monitors and improves the overall quality of services in assigned areas.
- Maintains knowledge in the current trends in developments and the field of nursing.
- Includes, directs, and educates staff in continuous quality improvement activities.
- Develops quality performance indicators, monitors collection of data, and implements plan of action based on results of data collected.
- Conducts daily walking rounds of facility and initiates corrective action and/or Maintenance and Support Services referrals as necessary.
- Promotes communication/interaction between all staff, residents, and residents’ family members in conjunction with the Executive Director.
- Submits annual Performance Improvement Plan to Executive Director in a timely manner.
- Reviews monthly and quarterly facility quality indicator data.
- Maintains effective communications with interdisciplinary team, residents, families, physicians, vendors, and staff.
- Conducts monthly (and as needed) staff meetings to plan, coordinate, and implement nursing services and policies.
- Reviews daily department operations.
- Conducts a review of all systems in PCC via a morning clinical meeting. This IDT review includes but is not limited to: accidents/incidents, medication compliance/errors, falls, pressure ulcers, incontinence, antipsychotic medications, nurses notes, progress notes, care plans and interventions.
- Conducts daily rounding to assure regulatory compliance at all times, and develops an action plan through the QAPI Committee for areas that are not in compliance.
- Investigates any allegations of abuse, neglect, or misappropriation of resident property and takes appropriate action as necessary.
- Communicates as needed with the Regional Clinical Director related to any and all concerns or clinical issues, regulatory or compliance issues, any survey activity, and any risk or potential risk or culpability concerns.
- Ensures results of employee and resident satisfaction surveys meet or exceed industry and/or system (corporate) standards.
- Participates as presenter for management and employee orientation.
- Enhances the continued viability of the facility by advocating the continuous Quality Improvement Process. Keeps abreast of trends and practices in assisted living.
- Maintains the financial integrity of the assigned areas through budgeting, cost, and labor control.
- Investigates and implements savings in purchasing practices.
- Participates in variance review as needed.
- Attends seminars and networks with professional peers to obtain and remain current with industry best practices and innovative new programs as applicable.
- Uses knowledge of systems and change theory to identify and initiate program development within assigned area(s).
- Satisfies all educational in-service requirements mandated by CHI Living Communities, the department, external accrediting, and regulatory agencies.
- Attends all mandatory in-service programs.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures.
- Completes yearly online education program by deadline.
- Attends employee meetings on a regular basis.
CHI Living Communities has the right to change the job specific duties and specifications required for the position of Director of Nursing from time to time without prior notice.
- Registered Nurse in state of employment.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Certification in Gerontology Nursing by ANCA.
- Five years of clinical nursing experience with three years of direct experience in mature adult environment.
- Minimum three years management experience.
- Possess sound assessment skills.
- Experience in health education.