Come and work in a family-like atmosphere. Our campus is beautifully situated on 44 acres across from Pearson Metro Park in Oregon, Ohio. We are offering a Full Time position to a COVID vaccinated candidate. Our benefits are second to none offering medical, dental, life, short and long term disability. $13 to $15 based on experience. Every other weekend hours.
The Activities Assistant provides individual and group activities appropriate to the needs and interests of each resident to promote well-being and quality of life. The Activities Assistant may care for the following age specific population: adults and older adults.
Essential Job Specific Duties/Responsibilities
- Assists in planning, scheduling, and implementing an on-going program of activities designed to meet, in accordance with the comprehensive assessment, the interests and physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being of each resident, including both individual and group activities.
- Completes the Resident Activity Assessment in accordance with facility, federal, and state guidelines and documents the activity interests and needs of each resident.
- Assists and implements activities for days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Assists in organizing and scheduling community events related to resident needs and interests.
- Visits room-bound residents one-on-one on a daily basis, or as needed.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge and complying with policies and procedures of infection control, OSHA, safety, and federal and state laws and regulations. Interacts effectively within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Satisfies all educational in-service requirements mandated by CHI Living Communities, the department, external accrediting, and regulatory agencies.
In addition to the essential job specific duties listed above, the Activities Assistant shall be required to perform all duties (essential and non-essential) in a manner consistent with the mission and values (compassion, excellence, inclusion, integrity, collaboration) of CHI Living Communities and will be evaluated on such basis. Furthermore, every employee must abide by all campus, departmental, and safety policies, rules, and regulations.
CHI Living Communities has the right to change the job specific duties and specifications required for the position of Activities Assistant from time to time without prior notice.