Linus Oakes has an exciting new opportunity for a Director of Activities.
Nestled on an oak-covered hillside, Linus Oakes Village offers a lovely city view and is close to shopping, entertainment, and medical care. Residents enjoy the variety of amenities and carefree lifestyle of this independent living community.
- Develops and implements the activities programs and budgets.
- Plans, develops, coordinates, and evaluates a diversified activities program seven days a week, including evenings and weekends, within budgetary guidelines.
- Coordinates and develops monthly calendars with all Activities Coordinators.
- Ensures activities are available seven days per week, including evenings and weekends in all Activities Departments.
- Supervises the scheduling of outings for residents.
- Sets goals for the Activities Departments that are responsive to resident needs and the facility’s annual objectives.
- Develops and revises the department policies and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of facility policies and procedures and operates the Activities Program in compliance with all regulatory and accrediting standards.
- Develops, revises, and updates Activities Department policy and procedures as needed.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge on all regulatory and accreditation standards to operate the Activities Program within compliance of these regulations.
- Attends in-services to obtain knowledge and communicates changes in campus policies and procedures to department staff.
- Attends seminars and networks with professional peers to obtain and remain current with industry best practices and innovative new programs as applicable.
- Ensures appropriate staffing by conducting interviews and hiring, training, scheduling, and supervising employees. Prepares employee performance evaluations and initiates promotion, transfer, and termination. Conducts staff meetings.
- Maintains a daily written schedule for all employees and monitors attendance.
- Ensures a program of continued education for staff to maintain and update competencies.
- Prepares employee performance evaluations in a timely manner.
- Meets with all departments, a minimum of once a month, to provide a forum for communicating issues, changes, or information pertaining to facility operations.
- Oversees and directs resident activities and schedules.
- Supervises coordination of Activity outings with Activities Assistants and the Transportation Department.
- Ensures the number and type of outings per month are responsive to resident needs and desires.
- Determines if an outing should be cancelled due to weather or other unavoidable situations.
- Ensures that escorts are available for outings and that all appropriate resident safety guidelines are followed.
- Maintains a record of all outings campus-wide.
In addition to the essential job specific duties listed above, the Director of Activities shall be required to perform all duties (essential and non-essential) in a manner consistent with the mission and values (compassion, excellence, inclusion, integrity, collaboration) of CHI Living Communities and will be evaluated on such basis. Furthermore, every employee must abide by all campus, departmental, and safety policies, rules, and regulations.
CHI Living Communities has the right to change the job specific duties and specifications time to time without prior notice.