The Director of Nursing is responsible for the administration of the nursing department. This includes but is not limited to: policy development/implementation (in coordination with Regional Clinical Director), organizational planning, the direction of the nursing care delivery and the development and monitoring of standards of nursing practices. This position requires promoting public relations, education, and consultation within assigned units.
- Monitors and improves the overall quality of services in Nursing provided in the assigned nursing units
- Maintains effective communication with interdisciplinary team, residents, families, physicians and staff.
- Performs activities related to nursing care needs of residents as needed.
- Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of facility performance improvement program.
- In collaboration with the Administrator, operates the assigned nursing units in accordance with established policies and procedures of CHI Living Communities.
- Participates in the collaboration to develop, plan, conduct and schedule in-service training classes that ensure a well-educated nursing service department.
- Satisfies all educational in-service requirements mandated by CHI Living Communities, the department, external accrediting, and regulatory agencies.
In addition to the essential job specific duties listed above, the Director of Nursing shall be required to perform all duties (essential and non-essential) in a manner consistent with the mission and values (compassion, excellence, inclusion, integrity, collaboration) of CHI Living
Communities and will be evaluated on such basis. Furthermore, every employee must abide by all campus, departmental, and safety policies, rules, and regulations.
CHI Living Communities has the right to change the job specific duties and specifications required for the position of Director of Nursing from time to time without prior notice.