The Director of Mission Integration & Spiritual Care provides leadership in assuring the integration of Mission into everyday operations and interactions. In addition, the Director is responsible for developing and implementing high quality spiritual care services for residents at all levels of care. The Director plays a key role in shaping the culture grounded in the Core Values of compassion, inclusion, integrity, excellence and collaboration, and is expressed in workplace spirituality reflective of the heritage and Catholic identity on which the organization is founded.
Department: Mission Integration
Reports to: Executive Director
Essential Job Specific Duties/Responsibilities
1. Provides Mission Integration leadership in the senior living setting.
2. Serves as the subject matter expert in Mission, Values, Catholic identity and heritage within the facility. Understands, promotes, and interprets the Mission and Values and ensures their application to policies and practices.
3. Fosters a culture based on the Mission, Values, Catholic identity, and heritage that encourages pride and ownership in the Mission. Helps provide meaning and purpose to the work of each employee.
4. Cultivates spirituality in the workplace. Leads prayer and theological reflections with managers and employees.
5. Maintains responsibility for the formation of managers and employees, including understanding and support of Mission, Values, Catholic identity and heritage. This includes initial orientation and ongoing programs.
6. Ensures compliance with the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Healthcare Services. Serves as chair of the facility Ethics Committee. Ensures ethics consults are available to residents and family.
7. Oversees the spiritual care department. Ensures that excellent spiritual care is integrated within the continuum of care, particularly at the end of life.
8. Ensure appropriate religious services are provided for all residents; oversees care of the chapel on each of the two campuses.
9. Engages with area clergy, faith communities and the general community as needed.
10. Coordinates volunteers in the spiritual care area.
11. Collects data for the annual Community Benefit report. Promotes advocacy on behalf of poor and disadvantaged persons.
12. Satisfies all educational in-service requirements mandated by CHI Living Communities, the department, external accrediting, and regulatory agencies.
- Attends all mandatory in-service programs.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures.
- Completes yearly online education program by deadline.
- Attends employee meetings on a regular basis.
In addition to the essential job specific duties listed above, the Director of Mission Integration & Spiritual Care shall be required to perform all duties (essential and non-essential) in a manner consistent with the Mission Statement and Values (compassion, inclusion, integrity, excellence and collaboration) of CHI Living Communities and will be evaluated on such basis.
Furthermore, every employee must abide by all campus, departmental, and safety policies, rules, and regulations.
CHI Living Communities has the right to change the job specific duties and specifications required for the position of Director of Mission Integration & Spiritual Care from time to time without prior notice.