The Cook prepares and processes food for the residents, staff, and guests in compliance with all regulations.
Maintains up-to-date knowledge of recipe food prep procedures and production sheets and possesses ability to guide other cooks in preparation procedures.
- Follows recipes, using correct measurements of ingredients.
- Checks the production sheets daily for food counts on puree, ground, renal, etc.
- Distinguishes the different scoop sizes.
- Reads spreadsheets daily for scoop guidelines to use at each meal.
- Uses production sheet to sent correct amount of food to assigned area(s).
Knows the proper set up and use of the steam tables.
- Before meal, sets up the steam table.
- Sets proper temperatures for food being served from the steam table.
- Gathers and uses the proper scoops on the steam table.
- After serving, breaks down and thoroughly cleans the steam table.
- Takes temperatures before, during, and after each meal, and records it on temperature sheets.
Maintains competencies in Serve Safe guidelines. Monitors and instructs other cooks in Serve Safe Guidelines.
- Calibrates thermometer before each meal.
- Uses proper cool down of food before putting it away.
- Prevents cross contamination by preparing meats in one area and vegetables in another.
- Makes sure that food is always at the minimum internal cooking temperature.
Maintains proficiency in proper shipping of food procedures.
- Ensures that food is placed in proper containers (4” pans, 6” pans, etc.)
- Covers hot food with saran wrap and aluminum foil.
- Labels each container with food type and which area it is going to.
- Before packing, makes sure that cambro boxes are clean and sanitized.
- Takes food temperatures before sending it to residents.
Operates all stoves, ovens, slicers, etc. and instructs other cooks in proper operating procedures.
- Knows how to turn on and set temperatures on the oven, steamer, and stove.
- Operates the slicer utilizing safety guidelines and proper cleaning after use.
- Operates the deep fryer and properly cleans after use.
Satisfies all educational in-service requirements mandated by CHI Living Communities, the department, external accrediting, and regulatory agencies.
- Attends all mandatory in-service programs.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures.
- Completes yearly online education program by deadline.
- Attends employee meetings on a regular basis.
In addition to the essential job specific duties listed above, the Cook shall be required to perform all duties (essential and non-essential) in a manner consistent with the mission statement and core values (reverence, integrity, compassion, excellence) of CHI Living Communities and will be evaluated on such basis. Furthermore, every employee must abide by all campus, departmental, and safety policies, rules, and regulations.
CHI Living Communities has the right to change the job specific duties and specifications required for the position of Cook from time to time without prior notice.
Pay starting at $16.00, depending on experience