Exceptional New Hourly Rate!
The Certified Medication Aide administers oral and topical medication, including controlled substances, to residents as prescribed by their attending physicians under the direction of a registered or licensed nurse. This position also requires assisting residents with activities of daily living and other nursing assistant duties to ensure quality care.
Essential Job Specific Duties/Responsibilities
- Assists licensed staff in administering non-parental medication, including controlled substances.
- Administers treatments as prescribed by physicians in accordance with facility policies.
- Functions as a nursing assistant when instructed to do so by the Director of Nursing and/or Nurse Manager.
- Completes administrative work as required.
- Maintains knowledge of equipment set-up, maintenance, and use.
- Reports observations to licensed personnel.
- Maintains resident care supplies, equipment, and environment.
- Maintains general knowledge of the effects and side effects of drugs commonly used and those they are permitted to administer and principles, procedures and practices regarding drug administration.
- Signs for all oral and topical medications she/he has administered.
- Assists with the provision of the care to residents (within qualifications) and participates
in social and activity programs in order to help meet the physical, mental, social, and
spiritual needs of the residents to promote a happy, safe, and fulfilling environment.
- Satisfies all educational in-service requirements mandated by CHI Living Communities,the department, external accrediting, and regulatory agencies.
- Attends all mandatory in-service programs.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures.
- Completes yearly online education program by deadline.
- Attends employee meetings on a regular basis.
In addition to the essential job specific duties listed above, the Certified Medication Aide shall be
required to perform all duties (essential and non-essential) in a manner consistent with the
mission statement and core values (reverence, integrity, compassion, excellence) of CHI Living
Communities and will be evaluated on such basis. Furthermore, every employee must abide by
all campus, departmental, and safety policies, rules, and regulations.
CHI Living Communities has the right to change the job specific duties and specifications
required for the position of Certified Medication Aide from time to time without prior notice.